Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Writing a Book is Not Magical

“We have this idea that writing a book is a magical, mystical process involving only inspiration and fairy dust. But nothing could be further from the truth.
 
“The truth is it’s a lot of hard work. And the most creative, successful people I know are hustlers, never slowing down to bask in the glory of a previous achievement.
 
“If you’ve got a project you want to share with the world, chances are it’s going to take more of you than you want to give. It’s going to require your whole self.
 
“It might even break you and cause you to scream or freak out. That’s okay; this is all part of the process.
 
“In the end, you will be better for it. And all of it will be worth the pain.”
 
- Jeff Goins, Writer
 
Writing creatively has been hard for me lately. I happened to come across this quote and wanted to share with you all. I hope it speaks to you as much as it did to me.
 
Thanks Jeff, for reminding me.
 
Is it worth it? Are you willing to go through all the pain? I know my answer to those questions now.
 
Hint: I'm not giving up.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Those are encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda I just shared on google+ and wrote, its about time I got this and put pen to paper and finger to key. I've been waiting for the pixie dust and it's just not coming....LOL. thank you and thanks for following my blog and not unfollowing me for lack of response. I was away from Blogville for a long time, sorting out life.
    Wendy
    http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I too have had to take a bit of a break from the blog world. I hope that I'll be able to pick it up again sometime soon. Thanks for reading and hanging out!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this. Very apt for me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was of use! Thank you for stopping by to read :)

      Delete
  4. I hear that! I'll be sharing this on my Twitter/Facebook.
    Keep up the good work!

    @misswriteuk
    www.facebook.com/louise.gibney.writer
    www.borntobeatourist.co.uk
    www.misswrite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly need to work harder at it. Don't give up. Anything worth the gain is worth the effort. You can do it.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation! Subscribe by email to get updates in your inbox or follow this blog!