Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Home Stretch!

Hey everyone! I’m deep in the NaNoWriMo word war trenches right now, so I apologize for not having a real blog post this week. While writing like crazy, I’m trying not to go crazy!

As of the writing of this post, I’m only a few thousand words away from being declared a winner of my first ever National Novel Writing Month challenge! …But, I’m just far enough away from ‘the end’ that I still stand a chance at losing.

Wait. Scratch that. At this point in the game, I’m not allowed to think like that.


I AM GOING TO WIN!

I know this novel is all over the place and a whole lot of it doesn’t make sense. It’s just like it says in the middle of this parody about NaNoWriMo that I found and love (click here to listen! It’s silly but worth your time!) But, it doesn’t matter right now, because by December 1st, I’ll have completed my second novel of the year, and my first NaNoWriMo challenge.

Yes, I’m very excited.

So anyway, if you’d like something to entertain you while you’re waiting for a real blog post from me next week, I highly recommend checking out NaNo the Musical.

Just do it. You can thank me later.
 
^_^

Help me think of things I should do on December 1st as a reward for winning my first ever NaNoWriMo! (Leave your suggestion in the comment section – thanks!)

4 comments:

  1. Love the parody link. I totally ditched my NaNo novel at 12, 000 words and started writing something else. So, not only am I NOT a winner, but I'm a quitter too ;)

    On Dec. 1st I think you should celebrate by staying in your pj's and watch a whole days worth of Downton Abbey, or Dexter, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Smallville....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that song just awesome? lol

      I look at it this way; those 12,000 words are more than you had on October 31st.

      Oh, and definitely gonna get some TV time in on Saturday!

      Delete
  2. I think you should celebrate at your favortie resturaunt, including your favorite desert. I am not a novel writer, but I have seen so much about Nanowrimo since I've been blogging. It is very interesting. I think there should also be some month for reading, maybe six months down the road (NanNoReadMo)so all these novels that are being written can be read. Maybe first there should be Nanoeditmo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love the idea of a month dedicated to reading! Maybe I'll do that in March - I might be in between projects then... Would you be interested in joining me?

      Everyone tells me that NaNoEditMo is December! lol

      Thanks for stopping by Peter!

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! Subscribe by email to get updates in your inbox or follow this blog!